Friday, August 5, 2011

Boring, boring....

Still not much to report on the Digby front. August 12th will be exactly one month from when he got his coffin bone injected so he will rechecked for soundness on or around that date. I'm going away (for work, nothing fun! Boo) this weekend so when I get back hopefully we'll make a plan to check him. The vet is coming out that week anyway to give some booster shots and deworm so it should be fairly easy to get a hold of her if necessary. :) But, fingers crossed, I could be riding Mr. Digby SOOOON! Cross your fingers and toes, pray, think good thoughts, whatever you want to do. I just want to ride the wild beast!

I realized I hadn't mentioned in my last post, due to Blogger eating the original, anything about Digby's odd swollen right hind. It was alarmingly huge for a day and has gradually gone down to minimal puffiness around his fetlock and right above. I've been keeping a watchful eye on it since and it has gone down significantly but there still remains a little bit there that worries me. No cuts, no reason for it to be huge, no heat. I'm trying not to worry about it. I'd like to think it's because of his lack of movement but only the right hind is stocked up looking, not both. Hmm... odd. I'm not overly worried though. Hopefully it's nothing!

Also, if you're reading this, I'm assuming you know me in person so if you haven't already and would like to be SUPER awesome, go on facebook, and like the page "TurtleNeck". They make horse blankets. I've entered to win Digby a blanket! You need to scroll down and find my post (it's got a super cute picture of Mr. Digs wearing a birthday hat) and like it. The person with the most likes win! I'd love to have one because he currently has a medium weight turnout and it's honestly the best. He doesn't get shoulder or wither rubs wearing them! We'd both love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment